Friday, September 19, 2008

Lesson Success

My lesson this week went so, so much better, and my instructor definitely had some good things to say about my riding. I certainly didn't get everything right, but at least it didn't feel like everything was wrong. I was really pleased, and I think I've finally learned a few tricks to help get Marve (and me) on the right track. He and I have definitely improved together over the last few weeks -- sure, sometimes it still feels like we have an unbearable distance to cover before we're where I want us to be -- but I figure a noticeable improvement in this short period of time can't be anything but good.

In a previous post, I mentioned that a girl at the barn said she thought the lesson riders were "messing up" Marve and his training. Well, she stopped by the ring to watch my lesson for a little while this week. Then, when I was untacking, she said that Marve looked great in the lesson. "Hopefully," she said, "with you riding him three days a week, you'll be able to get him back into his old form."

I admit I was flattered. Before, I worried I was one of the riders contributing to the problem, but maybe in reality I can help him to improve. (Well, we all know that HE really is the one helping me improve, but since he can't talk I'll just pretend it's all me, ha.)

So a good lesson, a good day.

No comments: