Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Champagne of Beers

Oh, and here's a story some of you may appreciate. This weekend, my SO invited a couple of his friends over to celebrate a recent job transition. It would just be a few of us and we decided to do a champagne/sparkling wine party. I was in charge of picking up the champagne...and yes, I only got decent stuff. No one was harmed in the consumption of Cook's or Andre, ha.

But then one of my SO's friends came to the door carrying a case that even from a distance looked suspiciously familiar to me. He explained that he wasn't a champagne drinker so he brought some beer...and since it was a champagne party, he brought THE CHAMPAGNE OF BEERS. Otherwise known as Miller High Life. So now we have even MORE of this stuff in our house! Awesome. And I'm only half kidding, ha.

Also, the evening may have involved me sitting there saying, "Oh, wow, this is like, super fizzy champagne" while everyone laughed at me. It was fizzier than usual, I swear! Apparently it might have been because that particular bottle of sparkling wine was produced with the Charmat process, and maybe the previous bottle wasn't? I clearly do not sit around sipping champagne all the time so I'm no expert. :)

Or at least I can't now, since there is more High Life in my fridge. Good times.

3 comments:

Daun said...

More High Life??? Woot!

I look forward to more Miller-induced candidly hilarious posts.

In the poll on my blog, a surprising number of people want to see in-depth beer reviews. Should I send them your way instead??

(Only partially kidding)

Maybe Mae said...

By all means, send those beer requests my way. Apparently I can distinguish the subtle differences in Miller Lite, High Life, Bud Light, Coors Light, and maybe, if I want to get really fancy, that pansy low-carb stuff my coworkers from my last job drank exclusively. Mich Ultra or something? Good times!

Seriously, though, I am excited fall is approaching because that means pumpkin beer. I am a fan of all things pumpkin! :)

Daun said...

Get out of my head. Seriously.

Pumpkin beer is my favorite! I am especially partial to Shipyard which is brewed right here in Maine. There's also a nice offering from Smuttynose in Portsmouth, NH.

Gourd-tastic!!!

Oh yea, go Marve!