Monday, November 10, 2008

Important: Pumpkin Beer Update

I keep forgetting to give an update on my pumpkin beer experiences! Failure all around, with a shot of spicy, pumpkiny goodness.

Okay, I feel that I failed because I never got around to buying Saranac pumpkin ale, which was in my local beer shop, and now it's sold out. I think they had another kind, too, but it's also gone and I can't even remember the name! Not to mention that a local microbrewery apparently has an amazing pumpkin beer, and I still haven't stopped by to check it out. They better have it through Thanksgiving!

Anyway, so far, these are my favorites:

Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale
-- not quite pumpkiny enough for my taste (but then, what is?) but my favorite overall.

Ichabod Ale Yegads! I meant Shipyard here. What is wrong with me? Too much pumpkin beer, clearly! -- Pretty pumpkiny!

Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale -- I'm not a huge fan of this one, but it's better than not drinking at all, right?

Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale -- I had this in a bottle at a party and it was crappy and did not taste like pumpkin at ALL. But I also had a pint of it in a bar when I was already sort of liquored up and seemed to like it more then. Hmmm. Also, I'll go out on a limb here and say this is probably the Miller High Life of pumpkin ales. And you should know that I have NOT had a High Life since my SO's friend decided to be hilarious and bring us a case.

And apparently there are soooo many more pumpkin beers I need to try. I think I'll make a few stops after work and see what I can find. They better not all be gone...November is still pumpkin season, people!

1 comment:

Serena said...

JACK'S PUMPKIN SPICE. That's the one i was trying to remember the name of, and you're right--it Sucks with a capital S.
You are inspiring me to go to the natural food store after work/the barn and see what they have for punkin beers . . .