Friday, October 17, 2008

I Turn to Pumpkin Crafts in Times of Stress

I'm sitting here drinking a Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (shoutout to Daun!) and trying to unwind from my uber stressful last few days. I don't write about my personal life on here much, but the last few days have been very trying for me. Family issues. I don't really feel like getting into it, but I've been anxious and worried and stressed for two and a half days straight. Thankfully, I got some relief tonight, and I think things will be okay. But it really put everything into perspective, and I can't say I'm freaking out over the show anymore...what happens will happen!

As for the beer, I like it. It wasn't love at first sip, but it is spicy and more pumpkiny than some of the others I've tried. There's still a few more for me to try before the season is up, so maybe I'll have a verdict by then. Idea! How cool would it be at a Halloween party to fill a huge hollowed-out pumpkin with pumpkin beer and serve it with a gourd ladle? Or is that just me?

1 comment:

Daun said...

Woohoo for Shipyard! If you find another pumpkin brew you enjoy more, let me know and I will try it1 I am always looking for my next "favorite beer".

I am glad things seem to be getting better for you. I worry about ya, you know!

And if you carve a beer-dispensing gourd, PICTURES!!!