Monday, October 20, 2008

Out of My Gourd

My SO said my pumpkin beer bowl idea would result in beer that tastes horrible.

"Maybe you could line the pumpkin with something," he says.

"How about beer?" I say.

"Or maybe you could use a real ladle," he suggests.

Yeah....or how about one made from a gourd?

At this point he totally abandons his gentle approach and says: "Why not just go all out and mull it into a warm, skunky, pumpkin-rot brew?"

Whatev!!! I'd drink it. And it would rule. Also, I'd add some toasted pumpkin seeds on the top for decoration.

Everyone knows visionaries have to suffer from others putting down their ideas and saying it will never work. You just have to be strong and stick to the plan. And my plan = pumpkin beer bowl extravaganza!

Also, the little schooling show happened, so no more of my whining about it. Huzzah! I am tempted to call it a disaster, but a disaster would entail me falling off or getting hurt (or getting someone else hurt) which thankfully didn't happen. But we came close!

Naa, it wasn't a total failure, and I had fun, but I also had moments of terror and shame. Oh, the terror and shame. What else should I expect from a schooling show? Update coming soon!

ETA: I am fully aware that my pumpkin beer bowl idea very likely already exists. But I choose not to google it for fear that I will see it executed in reality even better than what I had imagined. For now, I will stay in the dark. When I feel strong enough, I will look it up and see what's out there. No one ever said visionaries had to do their research, right?

ETA #2: BTW I have made a conscious decision to use "google" as a verb. My SO isn't a huge fan of that trend, either, but I've decided to go with it. I should add that he is very supportive in other areas...he followed me around all day at the show with a damp rag to wipe away Marve's drool and once, he even shoveled away the poop when Marve lost it for the 9th time in the aisle. He's a good fellow, that SO. Just needs to be more open-minded when it comes to all things pumpkin. And NOW I return to doing actual work at my job. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't leave us hanging for too long!

Serena said...

you should invite me over. I have no idea where you live, but we could still drink pumpkin beer. And the toasted seeds are a GREAT idea. and so is Gourd Ladle. Don't let the Man get you down! :)

Laura said...

Sooo, are we going to get a little summary on your show?? The waiting is killing me. I think I need a pumpkin beer to calm my nerves!