Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Return of Marve

I can hear it now. Any blog reader is looking at the content of this post and exhaling a unanimous "Oh sweet jesus I'm tired of hearing this just make a DECISION!"

As you might be able to tell from my last post, I kinda gave up on leasing the TB at Other Barn. This was based on not hearing anything from them a month after they said I'd be a match, as well as a crappy experience at Other Barn last week that kind of soured me on the place in general. (But this was mostly just crankiness and temporary annoyance, kind of like when Mae's barn's riding rings were "out of service" for several days.)

But I heard from them yesterday, and I got to ride Marve again. And it went really well! He was responsive and awesome and not rushed at all. We cantered in both directions and while he sometimes got quick in the trot after that, I was able to regulate it. No crazy scary runaway TB, thank goodness. It was a super fun ride, and it has restored my faith that I might be able to handle him after all. I will be getting a call in the next week to discuss the details of a lease! I still can't believe I could possibly be leasing a horse that is a delicious 3 miles from my home (5-6 on the scenic bike route) instead of a 35-minute drive away.

Then, of course, I thought of Mae and how awesome she's been and how I found a trail riding buddy at last and UUUGHGH. Maybe I could start leasing Marve in September but also keep my lease on Mae for a bit, too. That's totally reasonable and not ridiculous at all, right?

It appears that ultimately, I am heading in the direction of Mr. Marve the TB. But I'm waiting on a call back from Mae's owner, too, so we'll see what that brings.

Happy Thursday!!

No comments: