Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thoughts that go through my head during my not-so-fine moments while riding Mae:


  • OMG what would her owner think if she could see me right now?

  • Must. Lose. Weight. Immediately.

  • How funny is it that I once daydreamed about taking her to some schooling shows this summer?

  • Thank god I had the sense to continue with my lessons at the other stable.

  • What if she goes lame and I don't notice because I'm clueless so I ride her anyway and make it worse?

  • Maybe my problem is that the saddle is too small for me. Or too slippery. Or not shaped right. One of those, anyway.

  • I remember being a fearless rider when I was a kid. What the hell happened to me?

  • Wish I could ride an older, more bombproof horse.

  • Am I being heavy-handed and hurting her mouth?

  • I bet she'd go like a dream for a better rider.

  • Seriously. When do I even have time to eat enough to be carrying this extra weight?

  • Not going to fall off not going to fall off not going to fall off not going to fall off not going to fall off not going to fall off

  • I wonder if my photographer friend is good enough to make me somehow look decent while riding.

Ah, well. At least I'm riding. And I promise it's not always that bleak!

No comments: